Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Time to Get Serious I

Time to Get Serious (Pt.1)



It is time for Christian women to get serious about marriage. We need to stop playing the “I will if he will” game and seriously take on the tasks God has placed in our hands. As the world plans its future assaults on marriage, we Christian wives cannot focus solely on what makes us feel better and what makes our lives easier.

As Christians who are married we will have to begin defending marriage and demonstrating its purpose in the Kingdom so that others may see it. Being married is part of our witness, part of our evangelism, part of our discipleship to others. Staying married, not divorcing, in some legalistic conformance to biblical law will not be enough to convince a world that hates biblical marriage.


We must get serious while there is time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen and amen.
I so agree. Our world and even many in the church does not value or hold the same standard to marriage that our Lord does. There are too many times where I've heard people (even believers) say, "I'm not happy"...Since when does that disqualify our vow to our spouse or God.. We are not meant to be sustained by our spouse, but by our Lord.
My other fav statement after a divorce is, "we are both seeking the Lord"...and often I want to scream out, but don't because I have self control..."then why are you divorced???? Instead, I'm just sad.
Sorry, this subject has been a tender spot in my heart recently and I'm thankful to see someone speaking on it. Thank you. http://muddledmomsandmercy-melagray.blogspot.com/2011/01/for-better-or-worse.html