Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Trouble With Anger

Anger is Like a Stray Dog

Years ago I started to notice that some of my acquaintances  always had a story of how they had to tell someone off or set someone straight about this or that.  They had to defend themselves from exploitation or victimization by those they encountered daily.  Sometimes I wondered if they went to a different kind of supermarket, bank or dentist than I did.  Then I saw how they delighted in telling these stories of how they prevailed against these villains and it occurred to me that the anger and aggression they experienced left them feeling successful and wanting more.  They were poised for the next battle and the subsequent retelling of the tale.
Anger, it seems, is like a stray dog:  feed it and it will keep coming back.  So, what is the alternative?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to hear the alternative!