Saturday, October 31, 2015

My Walk: Sovereignty


Sovereignty, Revisited

“Our Heavenly Father, in His wisdom and power, is concerned with everything concerning us.”  As Christians, we all affirm that statement. This is His sovereignty.   And yet, when we experience hardship we rarely think those words.  We think many other things because it “messes” with our theology to see a loving God in our pain. 

 It is just difficult for us to accept the same God who is able to heal our infirmities, may not.  So many of us who encourage one another with “God is good!” may find it hard to attribute to Him “No trial has overtaken you that is not faced by others,”  and then to wait months, perhaps years for the out-working of the rest of that passage, “God is faithful: He will not let you be tried beyond what you are able to bear, but with the trial will also provide a way out so that you may be able to endure it. “ (1Cor. 10:13 NET) This is His sovereignty. 

 In my foolishness we gave Him charge over my life.  Then He allows in my life those things that will bring me to the place of wisdom and faith where he wants me to be.  I start having temper tantrums, thinking something must be wrong for me to be here in this pain, this failure, this humiliation, this ordinary existence.  I can do better all by myself!” But that is no longer one of my choices because in my foolishness I gave Him charge over my life.  I have to grow up and accept the wisdom He gives those who follow this path.  This is His sovereignty.

No comments: